bored. sorry bout that. soon enough this blog will look like your perfect teenager journal.
1. What did you do in 2003 that you'd never done before?
Seen the Stones in Madrid. Understood that when it comes to relationships, no matter what you do and how you do it, you always end up being screwed. Visited 4 museums in two days in London. Worked in a clothes shop. Seen Justin Timberlake.
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't do this kinda things. It's for losers. (insert Daria-voice)
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
I don't think so.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Spain (Madrid) and UK (London and Kent) and that's it really.
6. What would you like to have in 2004 that you lacked in 2003?
Good music on the radio. Never being bored. Love?
7. What date from 2003 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I think the day I learned I passed my exams. Nerdy but, oh, the fucking stress/relief.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
This is when i start being depressed because i don't see how to answer this question.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not being strong/proud enough on some subjects i suppose.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No. Minus i nearly cut my finger off a couple of months ago.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Tickets to London. Musk perfume.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
So cliché, but... people who gave up believing and hoping as far as politics and life, social issues and art are concerned.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Music, cinema, renting movies, books and cigarettes, oh, train tickets.
15. What did you get really excited about?
-seeing the Roots in concert
-seeing the Stones in concert
-going to Spain
-the prospect of moving to Canada next year
-having a new piercing
16. What song(s) will always remind you of 2003?
"hey ya" andre 3000
"obstacle 1" interpol
"who am i" lou reed
"cry me a river" justin timberlake
"song for the girl" matthew good
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? i don't remember
ii. thinner or fatter? same
iii. richer or poorer? slightly richer but wtf cares
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
more concerts, smiled more, studied more (my economics, shhh)
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
being moody and being betrayed
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
i spent with my family
22. Did you fall in love in 2003?
23. How many one-night stands?
one night stands? jeez, none
24. What was your favorite TV program?
the West wing, Six feet under, Queer as Folk
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Dick Cheney. I hated him before but not HATED him y'know?
26. What was the best book you read?
Girlfriend in a coma by Douglas Coupland.
27. What was your greatest musical discoveries?
Amy Winehouse, Interpol, the Vines, Matthew Good solo, Stephanie McKay, the Thermals
28. What did you want and get?
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Mmmm that's one tricky question. the 25th Hour
31. What did you do on your birthday?
Amazing friends gave me very cool presents. We went out and drank but it was a monday so no one was out so we came back before 1. Ha, ha, ha.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
NOT having to work in a clothes shop.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2003?
Boho meets Retro in Black
34. What kept you sane?
Boris. I love you!
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Do you really want me to BEGING answering this question? I don't think so.
37. Who did you miss?
He fucking well knows who he is.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Mmmm i think Bryan
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2003:
"don't push me / cos i'm close to the edge/ I'm trying/ not to lose my head" (Furious five)
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"I'm not a joke, this is me" (c) Nelly Furtado